Let’s be brutally honest – had summer in India been a little more merciful on us, we would have loved it to the tee! But, unfortunately, it’s the scorching heat and searing humidity, and most of us end up despising it, considering it as the most “intolerable” season of all. What makes this season even more irritable are the nuisances such as sunburns, itching, sweat, plummeting energy, extreme body fatigue, loss of appetite, etc. that come along with its blistering temperature! Some other nuisances, which get on the prowl, are a multitude of skin issues and hair problems. If you don’t want the glow and gleam of your skin to wane, you should make it a point to visit beauty parlors or centers of spa in Kolkata at least once a month.
However, before you go ahead and narrow down on a parlor to keep your skin free of any issues, you should empower your skin-and-hair care arsenal with some of these below-mentioned remedies. Although, in an ultra-advanced metro city like Kolkata, there is no dearth of salons, yet it’s recommended that you should squeeze out those extra 15 minutes from your jam-packed schedule to drench your skin and hair in some good care.
Let’s shed light on some infamous skin and hair woes, and some of the best plausible ways to keep them at bay –
1. Sun Tanning
Thanks to the unsparing Sun, summer leaves its trace behind on our skin in the form of tan. If you don’t remove it in a timely manner, it can permanently darken your skin tone!
- Apply a premium sunscreen of a minimum 50+ SPF, at least 30 minutes prior to going outdoors. For the prolonged outdoor stays, carry it along so you can re-apply some after every 3 hours!
- To remove tan, apply a home-made pack made of honey, curd, and turmeric. Leave it for at least 15-30 minutes!
2. Sun Burn
You may also suffer from sunburn if you happen to stay outdoors for a prolonged time span. If things get worse, your skin might start to look scaly and uneven. And, in some cases, sunburn causes pain, too.
- Slather your skin with aloe vera gel to heal your sunburnt skin.
- Start wearing full-sleeved clothes to protect your skin from further damage.
- Use cool compressions to relieve the affected areas.
- Use tomato juice to rid of sun tanning. You may use orange juice, too. Both tomato and orange will help you get rid of fine lines, wrinkles, premature aging, and the like.
3. Dull Skin
Summer is kind of synonymous with skin dullness. All the gleam and glow of your skin go for a toss due to excess humidity, and blistering heat!
- Exfoliate your skin to restore its sheen.
- As a natural scrubber, a concoction of gram flour, milk, rose water, and turmeric can work wonders!
- For instant results, you may book full-body exfoliation services by a parlor offering salon at home in Kolkata.
Just like the colder months, the hotter months can dehydrate your skin, too!
- Gulp a lot of water down on a daily basis, without a miss!
- If you have oily and acne-prone skin, you should use a water-based hydrating moisturizer on your skin
- Start using hydrating and brightening face serum before bed
Blessed are those, who don’t break out during summer! Increased sweating often leads to obstructed or clogged pores, which might cause acne, pimple, redness, and rashes!
- Tweak your diet with fruits, vegetables, and foods containing antioxidants, essential vitamins, and antioxidants. These will boost the production of collagen, decrease inflammation, and safeguard you skin from any further damage
- Cool your face down with a homemade pack consisting of yogurt, cucumber juice, rose water, etc. Leave it for at least 15 minutes. Once dried, rinse it off with cold water. It will refresh your skin.
- To control excessive oil on your skin, you can also use a clay mask. Things like Multani mitti, etc. works wonders as an astringent, especially for oily skin. To reduce oiliness and control shine, you can also resort to salicylic acid-based products i.e. face wash, toner, serum, and the likes.
6. Pro Tips for Your Hair
- Consider washing your hair a little less often. Excessive wash can cause your scalp to release natural oil, which might dry your tresses!
- Give yourself a good hair massage before washing your hair. Soak a towel in some lukewarm water, squeeze excess water out, and get your hair wrapped to ensure a deep penetration of oil.
- Use herbal shampoo to cleanse off your hair, and rid your tresses of dandruff, itchiness, etc.
All Set to Get Summer Ready?
So, what are you still waiting for? Start incorporating these abovementioned tips and tricks into your daily skin and hair care regimen to beat summer woes and blues like a pro! To soothe your soul and skin from the scorching heat of summer, consider heading for a full-body spa in Kolkata.